Author Richard Louv termed the concept of “Nature Deficit Disorder” in his book Last Child in the Woods. FitKids Childcare has a desire to help children become comfortable and engaged in our natural environment and has created a playground that encourages children to interact with our outdoor surroundings.
All learning styles, ages, and developmental areas have been considered in the design and creation of our playground to support all children. Children have the opportunity to interact with multiple features in the playground including:
- Jumping and climbing throughout rock formations
- Using the water pump in the sandbox to create rivers and ponds
- Helping tend classroom vegetable gardens
- Using their imagination in the Tree-pee village
- Pedaling around our bike paths and so much more